12.9.15

Garden themed Pen Stand !

Handmade Flower Pen Stand
          Hi friends, in India Teachers day is celebrated on Sep 5 and every year my daughter likes to give something to her favorite teachers. My daughter's school discourages formal gifts but they do encourage recycling quite a bit ,so every year my daughter and I try to make something functional as well as recycled.
Chips can we recycled
            Last year we made photo-frames and the year before that we made CD case notebooks for her teachers.This year I had a time crunch and thought making pen stands would be quick and easy but making 10 pen stands was no easy task and my glue gun has been used extensively so please do forgive the strands of glue you will see here and there in this years teachers day gift series!
Handmade Paper Flowers
I love making flowers to use on my crafts and its a sheer joy to work with a stamp and die cut set. I made all the flowers on this pen stand using the Heartfelt creations botanical - rose wings combo.
Foam Craft Pen Stand
        A garden needs a fence doesnt it...and so a glitter foam fence! I was able to give a quick garden theme feel by using  Memory box spring border  die cuts all around my recycled tin.
Handmade Paper Flowers
And a here is a little bird paying a visit to the garden!
Recycled craft Pen stand
           I inked up a Marianne bird die cut and added glossy accents to make my little bird more 3 dimensional. The dew drops on the flower petal and the leaves are also glossy accents generously gifted to me by Lisa[ Thank you so much Lisa!]
Foam Bird House
       And of course every garden with feathered friends needs a bird house [ another Marianne die cut from glitter foam...I love dies which can effortlessly cut foam!] And of course I had to add a silver butterfly on the spring floral-leaf  border!
Handmade flower Pen Stand
   As a final touch, my daughter wanted to add the feathers as apparently one of her teachers wears feather fashion accessories and so in her mind  "maam would love it we added feathers"!
I hope you like my quickly put together pen stand

Supplies : Dies : Marianne Designs Anja Leaf 1,Marianne Designs Anja Leaf 3, Marianne Designs Fence, Marianne Designs House  , Marianne Designs Bird 
Memory Box Spring Border   , Spellbinders Asian Accents,  Heartfelt creations Botanical Wings  ,Cheery Lynn  butterfly
Stamps : Heartfelt creations Botanical Rose Rubber stamp

32 comments:

  1. How pretty. I didn't notice a single hot glue strand since I was too busy looking at all the beautiful details. The teachers are going to love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Sonia and really eye catching work.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You come up with such lovely ideas dear..love the cute pen stand. .I am sure prisha's teachers will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant project Dr.Sonia :) Love the subtle color shades & all the details :)
    Am sure anyone would rejoice receiving such a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a brilliant use of die cuts Sonia! The bloom is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty. Especially like the flowers. Incredible that you made 10 of these. What lucky teachers your daughter has to receive such nice gifts.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! LOVING those flowers!! You are an upcycle QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! my goodness the Teachers will be thrilled to have these on thier desks, they are so very pretty and with so much detail. Just Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful altered tin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous recycle project this is!! The pen holder looks amazing!! I love all of the perfect details you added!! Any teacher would love to display this on their desk...it's amazing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made 10 of them! Wowzers! It would take me ages to make one! I love this idea and it's so pretty! The flowers look gorgeous! I love your daughter's idea to add the feather! Awesome recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this! Like always, your projects are so unique , I`m sure the teachers would have loved them .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project Sonia..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet and pretty Sonia, I do love the flower, gorgeous!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super creative idea. Those are very lucky teachers for sure. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dr Sonia, Such beautiful handmade flowers, the die cuts over the designer paper and the myriad of other pretty embellishments surely revitalized this cam. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 200th Celebration Week’ challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who knew a Pringle can could look so elegant and beautiful? Love what you did to create your lovely container. Thanks for playing along with us in the Stamp and Punch Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did it again. You are making me look at my trash in a whole new light. Love the colors, the flowers but I really love the little bird. You were busy to get 10 of these made.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your daughter's teachers are so lucky to get such a beautifully handmade gift

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW.. this is simply amazing, I bet her teacher will be loving this :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creation Sonia!! Love the flower!! Your handmade flowers are always fabulous!! All the die cuts you have used are awesome!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful, Sonia! I love the use of die cuts on your project, with the glittery and sweet color choices! Your garden is magical on this recycled container! Thank you for sharing the ideas and close-up photos! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous..loved the shabby chic look ! Photoframe ,notepad and pen stand this year,you have gifted all the essentials on writing desk ,I wonder what it will be next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very gorgeous piece of recycling Sonia, any teacher would love to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE IT! Wow, you packed a lot of interest to such a small working space. The colors are wonderful, and all your flowers, the bird, birdhouse, fence (love the glitter) look amazing. These little treasures are awesome. Lucky recipients.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dr. Sonia this is super duper pretty! I so would love to have one of these! Love all the details you put on it and the flower is awesome too! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't quite believe this started as a tub of Pringles, lol! Amazing work, truly amazing!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the way you have given the tin a makeover and optimal use of dies ! Im on a makeover spree too would love to hear from you !

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful! Amazing and hard to believe it was a canister before you transformed it! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi there. I wanted to thank you so much for participating in our Memory Box September challenge. I appreciate so much that you showed people how Memory Box dies could be used in projects other than cards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great transformation! Love how you used the pringles cand and the dies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...