7.6.15

The Generosity of the Craft Community !

           I am constantly amazed at the generosity of the Crafting Community. Not only have I experienced this  generosity and love several times since I started this blog but I have seen many crafters from all around the world blog about gifts, cards and other gifts other crafters send them! 
           Well why did I go all philosophical ..... Its 2 stories!
I have been lucky to be associated with the owner of the largest Craft Supply Store in India, Itsy Bitsy for quite some time now.I did a few Guest DT posts for Itsy Bitsy  in 2013-14 [Stamping Basics, Mod Podge Tips,Easy Paper Basket, DIY Shadow Box, Castle Box and Card] and whenever Itsy Bitsy opens a new store in India, Rashmi , Itsy Bitsy's owner makes it a point to call me and have a chat!
           Recently Itsy Bitsy opened its 15th Store in India at Bangalore's Shopping hub Commercial Street and Rashmi called me to have an informal chat! While speaking to her I told her my current crafty obsession was clay and especially the expensive "Thai clay". I was so surprised and my heart literally swelled up when this parcel arrived at my doorstep a few days later!
4 packets of high quality Thai Clay and my favorite Thai Paper!
I am yet to open the Thai clay she sent me but here is a project I had earlier made with Thai Clay from Itsy Bitsy : Clay Plumeria
Thai Clay flowers
And you may have seen me using cream Thai paper as a photography backdrop to many of my projects but here is a Fairy land Pop Up card in which I  used the lovely Thai Paper to form the "straw " ground in fairy land!
Fairy Land Pop Up card
Such a sweet gesture and when I mailed her to thank her she told me it was just a token of appreciation for my "passion and enthusiasm for crafts" !! Thank you so much Rashmi and may the Craft Community grow in bounds and leaps!
Made by Esvee for me!
           Generosity comes not only in giving physical gifts...I enjoy connecting with and forming friendships with other crafters in blogland and whenever a favorite crafter doesnt blog for some time I do miss them!  Recently I visited the extremely versatile and multi-talented crafter Esvee 's blog and casually enquired if all was well with her.
          A few days later...this post is what shows up on my dashboard  titled " Flowers with Thanks to Dr Sonia" I was so touched I nearly cried and I think only a blogger could really understand the feeling !!
          We all know how tough it is to be a young mother and still manage to have a little bit of time for yourself so if you have a moment to spare please do drop by Esvee's blog  Dainty Delights and give her a bit of blog love !
        As bloggers I am sure you will agree one of the most precious gifts in blogland is an encouraging comment!

Please Do share your heartwarming experiences in blogland or in the craft community too...it will be so wonderful to read everyone's story!

28 comments:

  1. Wow! Sonia... well said! I totally agree what a word of encouragement can do to appreciate our creative works where we are juggling with home, children and satisfying our creative soul! A big shout out to all bloggy pals and may this breed grow and continue to shower loads of love. Waiting to see what you come up with your new goodies. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia, I love reading your blog, always so filled with inspiration, but don't always comment, but I do realise how important it is to show some blog love to friends. The Thai paper looks so interesting.. Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ursula .We all led busy lives and yes I have been guilty of not commenting on many blogs I visit ! So wonderful you decided to pen a few words

      Delete
  3. What a heartfelt post Sonia !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Suman and though both stories are so different I was so touched by both the gestures !!!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic projects Sonia. Loz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Loz. I have commanded Mr MOJO to visit you and stay with you!!

      Delete
  5. You are simple great, Sonia! Fabulous projects and post, today!!!
    I know well how many crafters so generous and lovely there are in blogland, there are many helpful persons that gives good words and little gifts only for crafty friendship
    ... and I also remember that when I started my blog you are the first one follower of mine ... :D You given me a big emotion!! :)
    Many hugs, have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know just the feeling...our first follower, our first blog post comment is so special and crafters who drop in often like you are so precious to me!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for this tribute to crafters and bloggers. I remember that amazing tree you made and I look forward to seeing what you do with all of that new clay.
    Hugs,
    Teresa
    PS - I commented on Esvee's blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa you are one of those crafers I love being connected to even though continents separate us and so sweet of you to take time to comment on my blogger friend's blog...this is the true spirit of blogging!!

      Delete
  7. Both stories are so sweet and wonderful!! The crafting community is just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Julie and this generosity in heart and spirit I experience all around me is what still keeps me blogging!

      Delete
  8. I totally agree, brought tears to my eyes! Thank you, Dr. Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post, Sonia and I totally agree - the crafting community is just amazing!! Most we will never meet in person but they still become important in our lives!! I can't wait to see what you create with the awesome clay!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa though I have never met you I am so connected to you and always wait eagerly for your comments on each post!

      Delete
  10. AWE! I just love your wonderful post today Sonia and I completely agree with you! :) This is something that I love is to connect with others that share the same passion that I have and I get so much inspiration from everyone...including you! :) So happy to see you creating with your fun new parcel of goodies!! How exciting and you've done SUCH an amazing with it too!! I adore that easel card scene! How cute!! As always, thanks for sharing your passion along with all of us others who keep striving!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful of your friend to send you such a fabulous gift, there are so many lovely people in the craft world it makes you feel proud to be part of such a group of amazing people. Sonia your projects are beautiful and so artistic, truly superb makes.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects, all of them. I especially like your Thai clay creation. Just what I could need, plants that require no watering, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree Sonia!! I have met so many wonderful people in this blogland.. and kudos to people like you, who make us feel cared and special...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness!!! That is just ssssssso sweet of you Dr. Sonia.. I am just overwhelmed and lost for words...

    Thanks again so much, this time for introducing me to new blogger friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your kind & sweet words! It is always a pleasure to see people being so passionate about crafting! Craft project not only makes the crafter happy but also inspires an entire community to craft, an art that is so satisfying ! Well, you are a total inspiration & nothing gives us greater joy than to connect with people like you! Just love your creations Sonia, keep crafting!  Your projects as always are awesome & inspirational! 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOooooo I dont know what to say but a big Thank you !!!

      Delete
  16. I read this post shortly after you made it and have been anxious to comment... you are such a lovely person and it makes my heart so happy when someone blesses you. The crafty community has many generous and beautiful people... yourself included. :o) A sweet note can mean far more than expected, as so many are going through difficulties at any given moment. Not only so, but even on the good days it's nice to overwhelm someone with a bushel of blessings! :o) I'm forever thankful for you and am sending you so many hugs tonight!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful post! It's shows how lovely you are that people are going out of their way to show your such kindness. The phrase 'what goes around comes around' comes to mind. If you are a good friend, even a blog friend, your friends will want to be good to you. With my illness my blog friends including you have been so lovely checking up on me. It means a lot to me so I hope I return the favour. Enjoy using your clay and paper and I'll look forward to seeing more fabulous creations from you. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...